Tuesday, January 6, 2009

whoa- I was really behind-Thanksgiving





I love Thanksgiving. Paul & I usually rotate spending Thanksgiving one yr with my family and the next year with his. For the last 2 yrs, Mama has spent Thanksgiving in GA with her brothers so we have spent the time with Paul's family. This is fine because Mama lost her mother at Thanksgiving so I'm sure being with her brothers makes her feel closer to her Mom. My family had a Christmas/Thanksgiving combo this year on Christmas day. This way we got to have Mama's awesome Thanksgiving meal! My favorite is the cornbread dressing. I actually made some myself this year for the first time ever. It was great--not Mama's but a great first try. Paul & the kids really loved it. Anyway, we had Thanksgiving at Paul's sister's house. It was a wonderful meal. It is the only "fancy" meal that we have every year. It is a sit down dinner with china & crystal. The table always looks beautiful! We always have so much fun! Paul set up the bouncy so the kids played outside on it for a long time. The boys spent much the day playing football w/ Tyler. The girls spent their day catching up & worshiping Tori (ha-ha). After, we went to see Grammy. She was so happy to see us! She spent the day with her son but was a little blue not seeing the whole family.
We were so thankful to spend the day with those that we love!
I had to attach a picture of my photo shoot with the kids and one from Isaac's little school program! So sweet!

No comments: