Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To tile or not to tile........

That is the question... You might be thinking... What? We have been really researching everything about floor tiles for the last few nights. I saved enough $ at my 2nd job to replace the kitchen floor. We had settled on ceramic tiles. We did all the research, found the perfect tile or so we thought. Paul started asking around and found out we would have to replace the sub-floor to use real ceramic tile. This is just not possible. With the limited time Paul would have to work on it-we would be without a floor for possibly days. So now we are looking at laminate. The crazy thing it is double the price. We are still looking. I tried to upload a picture of the one we are considering but was not able to. We may resort to laminate wood--the room has paneling on the walls so wood is not my first choice. I will post before and after pictures of the room once we are done. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

What about Slate? why would you have to do a sub floor for tile?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Lori! I know you worked so hard to save money for a new floor! I hope it all works out and you are happy with the end result. :(

lori said...

Thanks Alexia-I know it will all work out! I just have to be patient!

lori said...

Jennifer,

Don't really want slate. Would probably be too expensive anyway. I am not sure why the sub floor matters but unfortunately it does. Paul has talked to a lot of tile people and done a lot of research. We are looking into a few different things that hopefully work out. See ya later!